Monday, June 28, 2010

Back from the West Coast

Alicia and I just got back from our vacation to Seattle and San Francisco. We had a great time. I absolutely loved Seattle (except for the fact that they swept the Reds while we were out there). We got to spend a ton of quality time with each other and that is always great. Not only that but we also got to do some other fun stuff like tour Alcatraz, hike Olympic National Park, and have a 2010 Camaro as our rental car. So like I said the trip was great.

On the trip I decided to take another step with my blog as well. I think something that prevents me from writing more on this blog, is that I don't want to be misunderstood. I don't know a lot, and I don't have a lot of experience yet in ministry and I worry sometimes that blogging about a topic will come across as me saying that I am an authority about it.

I love wrestling with questions, but sometimes I hesitate to ask certain ones because I worry that people will think that I don't have the answers I need to do my job. Right along with that I love talking about the Bible and its truth, but I don't want to sound like I think I know exactly what its saying, because I don't.

All that to say I just need to get over myself and that fear of being misunderstood. I wanna be able to write down my thoughts and share them with others. I think a lot of good can happen from doing that. So I am not going to let my small fear of being misunderstood prevent that. Thanks for giving me a full share of grace as a try to share more of my thoughts and questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment