Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Random Thoughts

Brad Wallace Autographed Book: Foot Reflexology
Just in case any of you forgot or are still waiting on that Bank Loan to come through, the Ebay Auction for the Brad Wallace Autographed Memorabilia is still going on until Saturday. It is really starting to heat up too. The current top bid is a penny. Be sure to get in on the bidding before you have to take out that 2nd mortgage.

I am really happy for Brad and his family as they head down to his new job in Tennessee. It is hard to see him go, but I'm glad I got the opportunity to work with him and get to know him. One of the things that I really appreciated about Brad was the contemplative mood he brought to worship. Psalms 46:10 says, "Be still and know that I am God;I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the Earth." There are times when we want to sing upbeat songs that celebrate who God is, and there are other times where we want to sing quiet songs about our need for him. Brad really showed me that no matter what type of song we are singing we need to spend some time thinking about what the song is really about, and whether our not our hearts are committed to what we are singing. We need to be honest as we worship God, and Brad did a great job of reminding me of that.

Major League All-Star Game
Joey Votto made the All Star Team, but didn't get a hit in the game. In fact in his 2 at bats he hit the first pitch he saw both times. Brandon Phillips didn't get a hit either, but made a really nice play at second. Scott Rolen started the rally that led to the National league scoring all their runs. It is sad that Arthur Rhodes didn't get to pitch, but it was still really cool that he even got to play.

Yesterday's All Star Game also was the 1st time since I was 10 years old that the National League won the game. When I was 10 years old Jeff Blake was the QB for the Bengals, Jeff Brantley was a Red's Pitcher not a Red's Announcer, Pete Shourek was the Red's Opening Day starter, and you could still go swimming in the Gulf of Mexico without ending up looking like you belonged in a Valvoline commercial.

Anyways its cool that there were 4 Reds in the game last night. I was hanging out with family so I can't wait to get a chance to sit down and watch it.


No comments:

Post a Comment