Monday, August 23, 2010

I love Disney Music

I have a huge admission to make. I am 24 years old and the radio station I listen to the most on my Pandora account is called Disney Movies. Go ahead and make fun of me for it, but on the last Student Ministry trip we went on my van spent at least 2 hours of the trip shouting out the words to songs from Aladdin, Tarzan, Mulan, Toy Story, the Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast just to name a few.

You can ask anyone else who works in the Family Ministry Department here at church too. I listen to Disney music probably at least once a week in my cubicle. Which means that everyone else in our little area has to listen to it too. Just to brighten everyone's Monday I thought I would pass this embarrassing truth on to all of you.

And hopefully, to get some conversation going, I am going to put up my list of top 5 favorite Disney Songs. You can let me know what songs I've left out or what your top 5 favorites are. Have a great Monday!

1. Hakuna Matata from the Lion King
2. You'll Be in My Heart from Tarzan
3. Prince Ali from Aladdin
4. Kiss the Girl from the Little Mermaid (I actually have never seen the movie though)
5. I'll Make a Man out of You from Mulan

Honorable Mentions: A Whole New World from Aladdin and I Just Can't Wait to Be King from the Lion King.

6 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahah see that car ride down was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT ABOUT TRASHIN THE CAMP FROM TARZAN!?!?!?
    love this entry matt :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... I thought if I hadn't already lost my man card for admitting I like Disney music, I would definitely loose it for saying I liked a song done by a boy band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bite (in no particular order...)

    1. Friend Like Me, Aladdin
    2. April Showers, Bambi
    3. Be Our Guest, Beauty and the Beast
    4. Belle, Beauty and the Beast
    5. Under the Sea, The Little Mermaid

    I could put about 35 honorable mentions, but for now: Part of your World, The Little Mermaid; Circle of Life, Lion King; and the often overlooked Arabian Nights, Aladdin...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait! Wait! Wait! Toy Story 1&2: When She Loved Me and You've Got a Friend in Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friend Like Me would definitely make my top 10. I need to go back and listen to April Showers because I don't remember it. it would have been easier for me to just list my 3 favorite soundtracks instead of trying to pick a track or two from each movie for my top 5.

    ReplyDelete