Tuesday, July 26, 2011

CIY Move Update

CIY Update: Tuesday Evening


Alright, it’s way past time for an update. Instead of me just typing away though I’ll let the students and leaders tell you what they have learned, enjoyed, or experienced…


Cory Hinaman

I have loved singing at the morning session and evening session with the awesome worship team. When we talked about the story of Rahab and how God can use all kinds of people to serve I thought it was really cool and inspiring.

Anna Self

So far CIY has been a blast. The AaronPelsueband is awesome and the speakers have been just as great. My favorite message so far has been about Samuel and how he learned to listen to God. It takes a lot to slow down and just say to God, “Speak, for your servant is listening.” We have also learned about Rahab and how God can take the biggest messes, love them, and turn their lives into something powerfully important. Rahab is a prostitute who ends up being the great great grandmother of Jesus. That alone proves how God can turn anyones messy life into something beautiful. That’s why he is called the Mess-iah.

Tanner Sotkiewicz

CIY ha been amazing so far. It has been so much fun to spend time with friends while growing closer to God. My favorite part so far was definitely worship on Tuesday night. It was so moving and inspiring and just awesome.

Megan Josefczyk

CIY has been awesome so far! Today, our morning speaker spoke about how we should not “decide to read the Bible” but feel “desperate to read the Bible and hear from God.” It was really inspiring and made me really want to dive into my Bible.

Elyse Purtilar

With this being my first CIY experience, I came in with no expectations because when I was in high school I grew up going to Woodland Lakes and Big Stuf Camp. I am a person who finds musical worship as my main form of worshipping the Lord. I came in not even really knowing or hearing much about the Aaron Pelsue Band and find myself weeping at how humble and selfless they made the experience of worship. I am definitely more than blow away at the experience overall, not just the worship and speakers but building deeper relationships with the youth group as a whole. To see my students get so much out of it and realize things that have taken me years to figure out or realize has been the most encouraging and humbling part of this trip. For my students to be so authentic and real with each other has made it a church “family” experience. Humbled. Blessed. Encouraged. Loved. Thank you for letting me spend the week with your children and be able to pour into them and students thank you for teaching me so much!

1 comment:

  1. i am glad to hear you are all hving a good time!:) hope to hear all the storys you guys have on sunday love you all:)-Rachel Menzel

    ReplyDelete