Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Guest Post: CIY Move Wrap Up


For me, CIY Move was probably the best week of my year so far.  The messages really spoke to me, especially when they talked about how I need to spend more time with the Lord throughout my day and devote more time towards him.  

My favorite part in the sessions though was probably the worship.  The Aaron Pelsue Band did and awesome job of singing and playing, but it wasn't that that made it so awesome.  It was the feeling you get when you are standing in the front of the room, 30 feet away from the band, and look back to see the rest of the room.  1,400 people with their arms open wide, singing praise to the Lord of the heavens and Earth, is an awe inspiring moment.  It would have been hard NOT to feel God's love and prescence in that moment. 

The change in people's relationships was also a wonderful thing to see.  Not only their friendships, but also their relationship with the Creator of the heavens and earth.  At the end of the week, people wrote letters to each other.  A prayer I had in that moment was for God to "make me and others an instrument" for his will, and for him to speak to others through the letters I and other people wrote.  Multiple people actually shed tears at letters they had recieved, and that was another moment where I could feel God's prescence as if it were a tangible, physical thing.  One of my friends also came to know God at CIY, and will be being baptized soon, which is cause for rejoicing.  

After I left Move, I had gained much that carried through to my regular life.  I had become better friends with a large group of Christian friends, and had also had a sort of renewal with my faith.  I had realized I was not spending enough time with my Lord.  If I spent more time playing video games than reading my bible every day, then something was wrong.  I encourage everyone to take up this opportunity to get to know God, or better understand him, next year when it comes time for CIY again.  I look forward to next year, and know with His help, it will be as good as or better than this year!

-Will McBeath, Parkside Intern

1 comment:

  1. Will this is really well wrote and I feel the same way about the worship and just looking up and down on all the people singing and just praising God. Rebecca Menzel

    ReplyDelete