Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Knee Replacements

My dad got his right knee replaced on Monday. It is incredible what doctors are able to do. The surgery went great. We really appreciated all the support and prayers. It is amazing though that he got a completely new knee on Monday and he is already home on Wednesday afternoon. My dad and I were talking about the replacement a few weeks ago, and his new knee should last him the rest of his life. Its just great what doctors and surgeons can do with the creative minds God has given them. Here are some of the highlights from the surgery and recover:
  • While my dad was quickly succumbing to the anesthesia he began singing Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da.
  • He also told the person who was taking him into surgery that he wanted to go fast.
  • I got to spend Monday morning tellings stories and being silly with my mom, my sister, and Alicia.
  • My brother texted us from his college in Indiana to ask how the surgery was going. When we called him after the surgery was over at 10:00AM he was still in bed (That's still early in college right?).
  • When Jamie came and visited us after the surgery my dad was in a hilarious mood (not from the medicine, he was just being himself). And we were all rolling on the floor. BTW my mom totally out of the blue commented that Jamie and I could be brothers.
  • My dad and I have gotten the chance to talk a lot football recruiting, the Super Bowl, and LOST.
  • We all have been able to see the numerous ways that God has been involved with all of our worries and fears with the surgery/recovery.
  • I got to have lunch with my two little nephews today and run around the Kenwood Mall with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment