Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Not Your Average Day

Today Bart and I had driven to a meeting together, and we were headed back to the office. Now before I tell you any more of this story let me pass along to you a little bit about Bart Steever. In case you don't know him at all, he is the Discipleship and Mission Minister here at Parkside. Bart is one of manliest men I know. I am convinced that Bart could survive in the wilderness for years. He might even give Chuck Norris a run for his money. I mean this guy just climbed the Grand Tetons this past year. He is pretty manly.

Now that I have said that, I have to tell you he did something pretty unexpected. He asked if we could stop real quick to pick up something from Michael's. At first I thought he was joking and we were really going to stop at some outdoor place or gun shop, but sure enough we went to Michael's. Don't believe me? Here's the proof:

Here we are walking into the store. Bart is also the fastest walker I have ever met.

He wasn't just there to have a secret meeting with Jack Bauer either. He actually bought something!

He doesn't lose his Man Card, but he definitely lost some Man Points. I never thought I would Silk Floral and Bart Steever in the same photo...

1 comment:

  1. Only a guy confident in his manliness wears pink shirts or shops at Michael's.

    ReplyDelete